I’ve searched high and low for a program to call home for my creative projects that not only does what I need, but looks how I want too. From Evernote to Scrivener to Google Docs, they each had features I really enjoyed, but lacked in others I can’t live without. So stumbling across a recommendation for Notion a few months ago was like the answer to all of my workspace needs.
What I Like About It
- It’s simple to use and highly intuitive. The block system functions very similar to WordPress’ (where this blog is hosted) so the learning curve was nearly nonexistent.
- It’s highly customizable, with options to embed playlists, videos, gifs, even widgets that display weather, time, and fun quotes. On top of that, there are cover photos and emojis that can be customized to make each page truly unique.
- It has a calendar and scheduling feature. Having my content and content calendar all in one place is super convenient.
- It has both online and offline functionality and syncs across multiple devices. Being able to start something on my PC and pick up later on my iPad is a must and Notion allows me to do so effortlessly.
- Easy-to-use navigation system in your sidebar at all times.
- It’s free! Need I say more?
A Few Resources
With all the customization options Notion provides, it would be a shame not to take advantage of them, so here are a few theme and widget resources I found while working on my space:
Notion custom themes – Google Chrome extension. Only works on the web version, so be mindful of that.
A collection of templates by Ella’s Notion Templates
Notion templates on Etsy
Aesthetic and Functional Notion templates by Life & Notion
Student Notion Setup by Sincerely Students
Notion Enhancer – Google Chrome extension. Tons of fixes and improvements for Notion
And if you want to design your own templates, but are lacking in inspo, check out my Notion Inspo board on Pinterest. If you like what you see, feel free to give it a follow☺
I hope these resources help make your workspace everything you want!
Curious about the story behind the workspace? Check out the home page:
If you enjoyed this article, don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss the next one!